GET READY FOR BACK TO SCHOOL NEWS FLASH
The National Farm to School Network received notice that ONE SCHOOL IN NORTH DAKOTA is eligible to receive a $750 grant to conduct an event for National Farm to School Month, so don’t let the excitement die down after Farm to School Week in September. If you would like to apply for the grant, please email email@example.com for an application. The award must be made soon. Applications are due by Sept. 17. For details call 701-527-5169.
Schools that have sent in their activities for farm to school week todate are:
Anamoose Drake Elementary, Sterling Public School, Bowbells Public School, New Salem Elementary, Strasburg Public School, North Border School in Pembina. Thank you and good luck in the drawing. There will be six or more secondary prizes of cookbooks and cutting boards so send you card in today.
ND Farm to School Week will be held Sept. 14-20 – Schools should watch for a special mailing with information on farm to school and a chance to win a gift basket:
Just some of the goodies in our prize package include:
- The Founding Fathers Cookbook and two water bottles from the ND Farmers Union
- A tee shirt and pad-folio from the Farm Bureau
- A squash cookbook from Dr. Abby Gold and NDSU Extension
- Oklahoma’s Farm to School Cookbook with recipes created specifically for school lunches.
- A $50 gift certificate for meat or fiber from Morning Joy Farm, Mercer
- Jar of honey vanilla peach butter from Roving Donkey Farm, Bismarck
- Lip balms, a body butter, and a goat milk soap from Feral Farm, Rolette
- Two full sets of ND Harvest of the Month posters and 3 Veggication posters
- ND Legendary pleather tote
- Glass cutting board from NDAREC
- Cookbook, tablet and pen from Northharvest Bean
There will be a second and third prize drawing also.
SCHOOL STUDENT SURVEY included in How ND Does Farm to School
Click on the title link for a .pdf full color download. If you would like a black and white printed copy of this publication, please contact Sue Balcom at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-527-5169.
Welcome to North Dakota Farm to School’s official site. North Dakota became recognized as a farm to school state by the national Farm to School organization in 2009.
With the assistance of a North Dakota Department of Agriculture Specialty Crop Block Grant, we are creating this site for networking farmers and food service, education and examples of farm to school programs like the one in the video above.
If you wish to learn more about Farm to School or would like to be in the directory or connected to a farmer or school, please contact the North Dakota State Farm to School Lead by emailing: email@example.com.
ND FARM TO SCHOOL STEERING COMMITTEE
These are the members of the Farm to School Steering Committee. If you are interested in joining them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lori Martin, Bismarck
Holly Mawby, Entrepreneurial Center for Horticulture
Dr. Abby Gold, Nutrition and Wellness Specialist/Assistant Professor
NDSU Extension Service and University of Minnesota Extension
Jamie Good, ND Department of Agriculture
Deb Egeland, ND Department of Public Instruction
Karri Stroh, Northern Plains Sustainable Agriculture Society
Heidi Demars, Bismarck
Scott and Gwen Dubord, Jamestown